(Retired Principal -Grade-I) Retired on 31st May 2008
Date of Birth
M.Sc., M.Phil., ( Did UG at H.H. The Rajah's College, Pudukkottai, PG at Annamalai University and M. Phil., at Bharathidasan University)
Date of Entry in Collegiate Service
Total Experience in Collegiate Service
34 Years (As S.G Lecturer in six Government Arts Colleges (UG-34 yrs & PG 10 Yrs) and as Grade-II Principal at V.S.S. Govt. Arts College, Pulankuruchi, Sivaganga District and as Grade – I Principal at Nandanam Govt. Arts College, Chennai)
Number of M.Phil Degrees Produced
- Received Annalar Silver Medal for having secured Highest mark in S.S.L.C. Core Science in Pudukkottai Circle
Recieved Gold Medal for having secured First Rank in M.Sc.,
Did one U.G.C. Sponsored Minor Project
Organized two State Level Seminars as H.O.D of Botany in H.H. The Rajah's College Pudukkottai
Presented Papers in many State Level Seminars and College Level Seminars
- Written nearly twenty Major level Tamil Medium Text Books in various branches of Botany, Published by Mohan Pathippagam, Pycrofts Road, Chennai. One of the published books has a foreword by Dr. K. Anbazhagan, the then Education Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Written a book for Allied Botany, published through Bharathidasan University. It was reviewed in The Hindu 'Open Page' supplement dated 1.06.2000
- Wrote one more book for Tamil Nadu State Council for Higher education under the title "Thavara Vazhviyal, Uyir Vethiyal and Uyir Iyarpiyal" (Plant Physiology, Biochemistry and Biophysics)
- More than 100 questions answered by me were published in The Hindu Science and Technology section in different dates. Thirty-four questions, posed in the Question Corner column have been compiled in the book 'The Hindu Speaks on Scientific Facts' (in two volumes) published by Kasturi & Sons Ltd., Chennai 2002.
- Written lessons for P.G Botany for Alagappa University Distance Education
- Reviewed the +2 Botany books recently published by the Government of Tamil Nadu for 2018-2019 batch of students, as a panel member, appointed by the Director SERT, Tamil Nadu
Membership hold at Present
Governing Council Member of H.H. the Rajah's College, Pudukkottai
- Academic Council Member of H.H. the Rajah's College, Pudukkottai
- Allumni Secretary H.H.The Rajah's College, Pudukkottai.
- Member of National Translation Mission, Mysore
- Member Secretary for the Academic Council of J.J. College of Arts and Science, Pudukkottai.
- Invited member of the General Council of J.J. College of Arts and Science, Pudukkottai.
The examnation section is vital in an autonomous college.We try to build up credible and creditable standards in evaluation by seeking a fine balance between transparency and confidentiality
The COE is a retired Principal from the Tamilnadu Educational Service- an academician and educational administrator with rich experience . A botanist, he has published many research articles and books. He is an editing for the Research Journal of Biological Sciences (RJOBS) being published by the College and also the co-ordinator for the publication section which is also publishing Journal of Financial Services and Management (JFSM)
He is assisted in his work as COE by the Examinition Committee consisting of senior professors, and a team of trust worthy secretarial staff.
The office of the COE is totally computerized . The results are published within a month of the examinations.
The system of evaluation is periodically reviewed to give students a fair playing ground.